Made exactly to recipe (incl separate rosemary-garlic rub) and though the chicken was juicy the chopped rosemary was overpowering. Also don't see why you sprinkle something with pepper and then throw it (the skin) away. Shouldn't the pepper have been added to the marinade? Served with skewered/grilled yukon golds & shallots and steamed green beans.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
Cooking the chicken with the skin on renders it tender and flavorful. Serve the skewers of eggplant, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini - the key ingredients of Provence's ratatouille. To prepare the skewers, brush vegetables with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and grill for 6 minutes, turning once. Save 2 cooked chicken breast halves for the Chicken-Arugula Focaccia Sandwiches.
This recipe goes with Chicken-Arugula Focaccia Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Rosemary-Garlic Rub
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub 3 tablespoons Rosemary-Garlic Rub evenly over breast meat. Place 1 rosemary sprig and 1 thyme sprig between skin and meat of each breast half. Gently press skin to secure. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place chicken, skin sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 25 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Discard skin before serving.
- Note: Store cooked chicken in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- (Totals include Rosemary-Garlic Rub)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This