A great and easy summer grill recipe - the rosemary and garlic flavor from the rub were superb on the chicken. The chicken was a little dry, and I might baste with additional rosemary rub or some olive oil to remedy the problem next time. Served with "ratatouille" vegetable skewers
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
Cooking the chicken with the skin on renders it tender and flavorful. Serve the skewers of eggplant, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini - the key ingredients of Provence's ratatouille. To prepare the skewers, brush vegetables with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and grill for 6 minutes, turning once. Save 2 cooked chicken breast halves for the Chicken-Arugula Focaccia Sandwiches.
This recipe goes with Chicken-Arugula Focaccia Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Rosemary-Garlic Rub
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub 3 tablespoons Rosemary-Garlic Rub evenly over breast meat. Place 1 rosemary sprig and 1 thyme sprig between skin and meat of each breast half. Gently press skin to secure. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place chicken, skin sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 25 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Discard skin before serving.
- Note: Store cooked chicken in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- (Totals include Rosemary-Garlic Rub)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note