Mediterranean Fish Stew
A wonderful healthy, low fat stew with flavors of basil and fennel. Any white fish can be used, but cod is the best. Community Recipe from brookfieldfood.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large onions, coarsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes
- 24 ounce(s) clam juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 pound(s) cod, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 8 oil-cured black olives
- 1. Sauté onion in oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add broth through water. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Melt butter in small skillet over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Brown flour over low heat stirring constantly. Stir in one cup of hot soup, mixing well until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the large pot of soup to thicken the soup.
- 3. Add fish, lemon juice, and olives. Cook gently uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note