- 2 cups finely chopped plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggplant slices, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 medium)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1.5-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- calories 207
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- fat 12.1 g
- satfat 7.4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 13.3 g
- carbohydrate 13.7 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 795 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine tomato, parsley, 1 tablespoon basil, capers, vinegar, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat eggplant with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; turn. Bake 2 more minutes or until almost tender. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon basil.
Cut each cheese slice in half; place one cheese slice half on each eggplant slice. Bake 1 minute or until cheese melts. Remove from baking dish with a wide spatula. Place on individual plates; spoon 3/4 cup tomato mixture over each serving.