- 1 (15 1/2-oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
Sauté chickpeas, salt, and pepper in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chickpeas are golden brown. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
Toss together romaine lettuce, chickpea mixture, and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.