Where exactly do the cherries or grapes come into the picture?? I don't see them in the picture, and the only place they're mentioned in the recipe is in the list of ingredients. Would probably give it a higher rating if the list of ingredients matched the recipe, but trying to figure out which one is right is quite annoying.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is the perfect side dish for a weeknight meal or summer gathering. As one online reviewer claims, "Really, really tasty. I made it for my birthday BBQ and it was a big hit."
More From Allyou
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 656mg
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon (1 1/2 tsp.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry or grape
- tomatoes, each cut into quarters (8 oz.)
- 2 bunches arugula or 1 (5 oz.) box baby arugula, cleaned and patted dry
- Toss cheese, chickpeas, mint, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest together in a medium bowl; season with salt to taste. Set mixture aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Add lemon juice and tomatoes to cheese-chickpea mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Divide arugula among 4 individual serving plates and spoon marinated cheese mixture on top. Grind freshly cracked black pepper directly over each salad. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This