This was very good, easy, and flavorful but I made a mistake with the pepper ingredients. Substitutions for pepercinis listed banana peppers and jalapeños, so I used a mixture of both since I had jarred amounts of both. Unfortunately, I used too many jalapeños in my blend and it was too spicy. Regardless, I definitely want to make this again. I also used 2 drained jars of diced basil tomatoes, fresh basil, and poultry seasoning (on chicken). Served with side veggie.
Mediterranean Chicken with Potatoes
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
This tasty Mediterranean chicken dish features small red potatoes and other classic regional ingredients, like red onion, wine, olives, tomatoes, basil, artichokes, and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 33.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 small red potatoes, halved (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and potatoes on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add half of chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken; remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). Add potatoes, chicken, broth, pepperoncini, and olives; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 teaspoons garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, basil, and artichokes; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes