Outstanding! I am so happy as a clam with this amazingly delicious recipe. I can't get over how good this was! I'm putting this one right at the top of my all-time favorites list.
Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
The tastes of lemon, fennel, oregano, and olive oil in this Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs dish will transport you to the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Serve over couscous tossed with a bit of salt, cherry tomatoes, and chopped fresh mint.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 274mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 24 strips
- 18 (1/2-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 12 wedges
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Remove chicken mixture from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Cook garlic cloves in boiling water 3 minutes; drain and cool.
- Thread 4 chicken strips, 3 zucchini slices, 2 fennel wedges, and 2 garlic cloves alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook 8 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note