Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup bottled Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1. Combine boiling water, bulgur wheat, and 1 tsp. salt. Cover and let stand 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Combine bulgur wheat, chicken, next 7 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Serve over Bibb lettuce leaves.
- Try This Twist!
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Rice: Reduce salt to 1/2 tsp. Omit boiling water. Substitute 1 (6-oz.) package long-grain and wild rice mix for bulgur wheat. Prepare rice according to package directions. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads