- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 kaiser or other sandwich rolls
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- calories 790
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 43 g
- fat 49 g
- satfat 18 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 1198 mg
- cholesterol 151 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, combine feta cheese, oregano, rosemary, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and the lemon zest. Add ground meat and mix gently. Form into four 1-in.-thick patties.
In a blender, whirl olives, dill, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add 3 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. at a time, to make a smooth paste.
Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 3 to 4 seconds). Grill burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through (cut to test), 10 to 12 minutes total.
Split rolls and toast cut sides on the grill. Brush toasted sides with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and spread each with about 1 tsp. of the olive spread. Top with burgers, tomato, cucumber, red onion, and romaine.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per burger.