- 1 cup drained canned peeled red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 round loaf (1 lb.) rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 1/2 cups hummus (see notes)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- calories 328
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- protein 9.2 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- sodium 722 mg
- cholesterol 3.4 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix peppers, olives, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, turmeric, and cayenne to coat; add salt to taste. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day (see notes).
With a serrated knife, slice about 1 inch off top of loaf. With the knife, hollow out center of loaf, leaving a shell about 1 inch thick. Cut top slice and bread from middle into chunks.
Spread hummus in bottom of bread bowl. Top with pepper mixture and feta. Set on a platter and surround with reserved bread chunks for dipping.