Meaty Stuffed Manicotti
- 1 (8-ounce) package manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 white bread slices, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage and beef in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir together egg and milk in a large bowl; add bread. Stir in sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, and next 5 ingredients. Spoon into manicotti shells, and arrange in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour 1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce over shells.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and pour remaining 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce over shells; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, 10 more minutes.
- Note: Casserole may be assembled and frozen up to 1 month. Thawed in refridgerator overnight; baked, covered, at 350º for 40 minutes or until heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note