- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen burger-style recipe crumbles
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or water
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 403
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- protein 24.6 g
- carbohydrate 60.4 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 6.0 mg
- sodium 839 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 8.5 g
- calcium 201 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add crumbles; sauté 5 minutes or until crumbles are completely thawed. Add wine and pasta sauce; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in spinach, and simmer 4 minutes or until spinach wilts.
. While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle each serving with cheese.