I made this recipe for dinner tonight and everyone loved it. My husband couldn't stop talking about how good it was. My two small girls ate all of it.
Meaty Cheese Manicotti
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Broil: 3 Minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water. Drain. Place in a single layer on a wire rack; set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage, ground round, and onion in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- Combine meat mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 manicotti shells; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and pour cream mixture evenly over shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 more minutes. Broil, 5 1/2 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note