Meaty Black Bean Chili
This meat-filled black bean chili is a hearty recipe for cold evenings. A selection of toppings allows diners to suit their tastes.
More From Southern Living
- 3 (15-oz.) cans black beans
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground round
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, lime wedges, sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, corn chips
- 1. Rinse and drain 2 cans black beans. (Do not drain third can.)
- 2. Sauté chopped onion and ground round in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute. Stir in drained and undrained beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Serve chili with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note