Meatloaf from Epicurious
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 meat
- yield: Makes 6 servings with leftovers
- active time: 30 min
- total time: 1 1/2 hr
- This is the perfect antidote to the Sunday blues, not least because there will be enough left over to pack sandwiches for Monday's lunch. A mix of...
- more ›
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices firm white sandwich bread)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 pound bacon (about 4 slices), chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork (not lean)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: cooked bacon
- print a shopping list for this recipeview wine pairings
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook onion, garlic, celery, and carrot in butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low, then cook until carrot is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Add to bread-crumb mixture.
- Finely chop bacon and prunes in a food processor, then add to onion mixture along with beef, pork, eggs, and parsley and mix together with your hands.
- Pack mixture into a 9- by 5-inch oval loaf in a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish or pan.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 155°F, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cooks' note:
- Cooked meatloaf keeps, chilled, 3 days.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Meatloaf-241512#ixzz2NA6d6N70
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nsmerritt1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meatloaf from Epicurious Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes