I've done these as muffins, but this works for a slightly larger, very tasty serving. Great idea.
Meatloaf in a Mug
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 pound extra-lean (92% lean) ground beef
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 (5 1/2-ounce) can vegetable juice (we used V-8)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a big bowl. Divide mixture evenly into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Place each ball into an 8-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug.
- 2. Line the bottom of the microwave with a big sheet of wax paper in case juices from the meatloaves bubble out. Place mugs in a circle on top of wax paper. Cover mugs with another big sheet of wax paper. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 11 minutes. Cut into meatloaves with a knife and fork. If any are still pink inside, microwave them 30 seconds more and recheck for doneness. Carefully remove each mug from the microwave using oven mitts.
- 3. Spread 1 tablespoon ketchup over each meatloaf; cover with wax paper, and let stand 2 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note