Meatloaf a la pizza
No, this doesn't have pepperoni! I love meatloaf, but was tired of catsup as the topping. I came up with this variation using my favorite pizza sauce. Be sure and use meatloaf mix (the ground beef, veal, pork combination) if at all possible. I put the store-bought pizza sauce info in the recipe, but you can substitute a comparable amount of home-made sauce (of course!).
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) meatloaf mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 jar(s) Pizza sauce (14 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix everything but the pizza sauce. Add 1 cup of the pizza sauce to the meat mixture and mix well. Press the mixture into an ungreased 8X4 loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes. Pour remaining pizza sauce over loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf reads 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Schweik and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note