- 2 pounds ground round
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients, 1/2 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup water; shape mixture into an 8- x 4-inch loaf. Line bottom and sides of a 4-qt. oval-shaped slow cooker with aluminum foil, allowing 2-inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease foil. Place loaf in slow cooker.
Stir together brown sugar, mustard, and remaining 1/2 cup ketchup; spread over top of loaf. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 160°. Lift loaf from slow cooker, using foil sides as handles. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You may also prepare in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.