You can substitute ground turkey for veal and/or pork, or use all ground beef.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound(s) ground veal
- 1/4 pound(s) ground pork
- 1 1/2 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup(s) 1/2 & 1/2 or milk
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cube(s) parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger
- dash(es) pepper and nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) instant coffee
- Soak bread in milk about 5 minutes. Cook onion in butter (1 tbs) till just tender.
- Mix meat, crumb mixture, onion, egg, parsley, and seasonings. Beat vigorously till fluffy (5 min. on med. speed with mixer). Form in 1 1/2 inch balls (Disney Norway meatballs were at least two inches-serving size was 3 meatballs). For easier shaping, wet hands or chill first.
- Brown lightly in 2 tbs. butter shaking skillet to keep balls round (don't try to do too many at once). Remove balls.
- Make gravy: Stir flour into drippings in skillet; add broth and water, and coffee. Heat and stir until gravy thikens.
- Return meatballs to gravy, cover, cook slowly about 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by boyd1908 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meatballs (Norwegian/Swedish) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes