Meatballs in Chipotle-Tomato Salsa (Albondigas en Salsa de Chipotle)
Community Recipe from
- 1- 28oz can(s) Hunts Whole Tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 2-3 clove(s) cloves garlic
- 2 Chipotle chiles, in Adobo sauce seeded
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 pound(s) Extra lean ground beef
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 White onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cilantro finely chopped, stems removed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, to taste
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic and chipotle chiles in a blender and pulse until just about smooth. Transfer sauce to a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer on medium heat while you assemble your meatballs, which you'll add the the sauce.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Form into meatballs and place directly into your simmering sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 45-60 minutes (depending on size of meatballs) until thoroughly cooked.
- Add salt to taste and serve over cooked spaghetti or along with rice.
- Sauce and meatballs can be frozen too!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Traviesadivina and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note