Meatballs in Chipotle-Tomato Salsa (Albondigas en Salsa de Chipotle)
Community Recipe from
- 1- 28oz can(s) Hunts Whole Tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 2-3 clove(s) cloves garlic
- 2 Chipotle chiles, in Adobo sauce seeded
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 pound(s) Extra lean ground beef
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 White onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Cilantro finely chopped, stems removed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, to taste
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic and chipotle chiles in a blender and pulse until just about smooth. Transfer sauce to a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer on medium heat while you assemble your meatballs, which you'll add the the sauce.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Form into meatballs and place directly into your simmering sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 45-60 minutes (depending on size of meatballs) until thoroughly cooked.
- Add salt to taste and serve over cooked spaghetti or along with rice.
- Sauce and meatballs can be frozen too!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Traviesadivina and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes