Meatballs with Chutney Sauce
Sink your teeth into these tender, juicy, and succulent meatballs. Place them atop soft, hot cooked couscous and drench with chutney sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 387
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño pepper liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, lamb, and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a bowl. Shape into 36 (1 1/4-inch) meatballs.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add one-third of meatballs; cook 1 minute, shaking pan to brown on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a 3 1/2-or 4-quart slow cooker. Repeat procedure twice with remaining meatballs.
- 3. Combine chutney and next 4 ingredients (through chopped mint) in a bowl; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours. Serve meatballs and sauce over couscous. Sprinkle with thinly sliced mint.
To ensure that you get a lean product, ask the butcher to grind a lean boneless leg of lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note