Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Ground sirloin
- 2 Links sweet Italian sausage, can be turkey, pork or spicy , casings removed
- 3/4 cup(s) Bread crumbs like Panko
- 1/4 cup(s) Red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Basil, chopped if substituted with dried reduce amount to 1 tsp
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Large egg
- 1/4 cup(s) Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- - Put everything into a large bowl and mix together.
- - Form into desired size meatballs.
- - Heat a large skillet to medium high then add some olive oil to coat. When the oil has heated add the meatballs and brown all sides. The meatballs do not need to cook all the way through, just brown them. They will finish cooking when added to the sauce later. Once browned transfer to a bowl. Do not over crowd the pan or they will sweat and not brown. You may have to cook them in two batches.
- Add the tomato sauce to the skillet scraping up the browned bits, add meatballs and simmer slowly for about 15 mins until cooked through. You can add more beef broth or red wine at this time if desired. I usually add couple of large spoonfuls of pasta water to bind the sauce too.
- You can substitute any combo of meat like 1/3 pork with 2/3's beef or all turkey with spicy sausage. Just play with it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Triumph and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meatballs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes