Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground sirloin
- 1 whole(s) egg beaten
- 1 cup(s) Italian bread crumbs
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped fine
- 4 clove(s) garlic crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic crushed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 28 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 whole(s) rolls
- 1 bag(s) shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place ground sirloin in a large mixing bowl and punch a well into the center of meat. Fill well with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, parsley, cheese, and a little salt and pepper. Mix up meatball ingredients until well combined, yet not over-mixed. Divide mix into 4 equal parts, roll each part into 4 balls and space equally onto a nonstick baking sheet. Place meatballs in oven and roast about 12 minutes. Break a meatball open and make sure meat is cooked through before removing from the oven.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and garlic. When garlic starts sizzling, add herbs and crushed pepper. Allow oil to infuse for half a minute, then stir in the tomatoes and season sauce with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer until meatballs are removed from oven.
- Combine meatballs and sauce and pile into sub rolls, 4 meatballs per sub. Top with shredded cheese and place under subs under broiler to melt cheese
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jarashly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meatball Subs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes