- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 white bread slice, torn
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (8-ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture into 16 to 20 balls (about 2 tablespoonfuls each).
Brown meatballs in a large skillet over medium heat; drain well, and set aside. Add soup, broth, and cheese to skillet, stirring until blended; return meatballs to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Stir together sour cream and parsley. Serve meatballs over noodles, and top with sour cream mixture.
To freeze: Place cooked cream cheese mixture and noodles together in an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 month. Place cooked meatballs in an airtight container or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and freeze up to 1 month.
To lighten: Substitute reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup; light sour cream; and light cream cheese.