What a great , simple, convenient recipe! I changed it up some but it still went together quickly. I would recommend sauteing the onions and about 4 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil first. Instead of regular mixed vegetables, I found a package of frozen Italian style potatoes and vegetables ( spinach and white beans in addition to the potatoes) I used two since they are smaller packages. Then I substituted one can of tomato sauce with one can of Italian style chopped tomatoes. Topped with fresh grated parmesean/regianno cheese. Perfect!!
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
More From Southern Living
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth, undiluted
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 dozen frozen meatballs
- Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in meatballs; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meatballs are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews