- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar five-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 6 slices garlic butter Texas toast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, black olives (optional)
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, basil, and frozen meatballs; cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- Prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
- Spoon meatball mixture evenly over toast; top evenly with cheeses and desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bertolli Five Cheese tomato sauce and Rosina Italian Style Meatballs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches