- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar five-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 6 slices garlic butter Texas toast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, black olives (optional)
How to Make It
Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
Stir in sauce, basil, and frozen meatballs; cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
Prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
Spoon meatball mixture evenly over toast; top evenly with cheeses and desired toppings.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bertolli Five Cheese tomato sauce and Rosina Italian Style Meatballs.