From Casserole Queens
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 cup(s) saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onions
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1-10 ounce(s) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly coat a 9X13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, bell pepper, S & P, and egg in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the soup and milk. Add half of the mixture to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan set over medium-high heat. Form the meat mixture into balls. Toss each meatball in the flour and shake off any excess. Working in batches, cook the meatballs in the hot oil, turning to brown all sides, about 10 minutes. Don't overcrowd the pan. Transfer the meatballs to the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine the chili sauce and the remaining soup mixture; pour over the meatballs. Bake for 30 minutes or until the liquid is bubbling and light brown on top.
- The meatballs freeze well before cooked. Prepare and freeze, separating layers with wax paper; when ready to use, prepare according to recipe, starting with heating oil in the saute pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ad5colorado and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meatball Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes