Meat Lover's Chunky Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (25-ounce) jars roasted garlic spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ground chuck and sausage in a large Dutch oven, stirring until mixture crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
- Sauté bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 11 to 12 minutes or until pepper is tender and liquid is slightly reduced. Stir in beef mixture, spaghetti sauce, parsley, and basil. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note