- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (25-ounce) jars roasted garlic spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
Cook ground chuck and sausage in a large Dutch oven, stirring until mixture crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
Sauté bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 11 to 12 minutes or until pepper is tender and liquid is slightly reduced. Stir in beef mixture, spaghetti sauce, parsley, and basil. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.