Meat Lover's Chili
This chili is better the second and even third day, but feel free to enjoy it freshly made with minced red onion, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and a basket of warm flour tortillas.
More From Oxmoor House
- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (14-oz.) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown beef in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in pan.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to drippings; sauté over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to Dutch oven.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef broth and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pinto beans, and cook 20 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes