- 3 pounds ground chuck
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (14-oz.) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
How to Make It
Brown beef in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in pan.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to drippings; sauté over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to Dutch oven.
Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef broth and next 3 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pinto beans, and cook 20 more minutes.