Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped scallions (can substitute onion)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon salt (use 1 1/2 teaspoons if using Italian sausage)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck
- 3/4 pound of spicy ground pork sausage or Italian sausage (a mix of sweet and hot if you are using links)
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 In a large heavy skillet cook the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and scallions in butter, over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Cover the skillet and stir occassionally until the carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 a cup of ketchup. Cook for 1 more minute.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, vegetables, bread crumbs, and parsley. Form into a loaf and put into a rectangular baking pan with 2-inch high sides. Cover the loaf with remaining ketchup.
- 4 Bake the meatloaf in the oven for 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KDawson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meat Loaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes