Vegetarian meat loaf makes a for an all-American comfort food for vegetarians. This vegetarian loaf recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. Made from store-bought mock meat and drizzled with ketchup, if you like meatloaf, you'll like this very similar vegetarian meat loaf recipe. Scroll down for more vegetarian loaf recipes to try.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 package(s) Gimme Lean ground beef substitute
- 1/4 cup(s) oatmeal uncooked
- 2 slice(s) bread crumbled
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sautee the garlic, onion and bell peppers in olive oil for a few minutes, until onions are very soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions and peppers with the ground beef substitute, oatmeal, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of ketchip, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well, using your hands if needed.
- Press into a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven when done.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spread over the top of the loaf. Cook, uncovered, for another 15 minutes, or until done.
- Makes six servings of vegetarian meat loaf.
- Recipe from:
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note