Vegetarian meat loaf makes a for an all-American comfort food for vegetarians. This vegetarian loaf recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. Made from store-bought mock meat and drizzled with ketchup, if you like meatloaf, you'll like this very similar vegetarian meat loaf recipe. Scroll down for more vegetarian loaf recipes to try.
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: 6 )
Community Recipe from
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 package(s) Gimme Lean ground beef substitute
- 1/4 cup(s) oatmeal uncooked
- 2 slice(s) bread crumbled
- 3 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sautee the garlic, onion and bell peppers in olive oil for a few minutes, until onions are very soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions and peppers with the ground beef substitute, oatmeal, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of ketchip, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well, using your hands if needed.
- Press into a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven when done.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spread over the top of the loaf. Cook, uncovered, for another 15 minutes, or until done.
- Makes six servings of vegetarian meat loaf.
- Recipe from:
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note