Meat and Potatoe Cupcakes
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) Medium sewwt potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 1 pinch(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole(s) Gala Apple finely chopped
- 2 whole(s) ribs of Celery finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) medium onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1/3 cup(s) whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 pinch(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme finely chopped
- Poppy Seeds (for garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- 2. Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Salt water and cook potatoes to tender.
- 3. Brush the inside of a 12-cup muffin tin with EVOO.
- 4. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO. Add apples, celery and onion, and cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine turkey with breadcrumbs, egg, poultry seasoning, softened apples, celery and onion mixture, salt and pepper. Separate mixture into 12 equal portions and shape into muffin cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 6. Drain cooked sweet potatoes and put into a food processor. Add buttermilk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and purée.
- 7. When cool enough to handle, remove muffins from cups and “frost” mini meatloaves with sweet potato purée. Roll the sides in herbs and top with poppy seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KWhite32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Meat and Potatoe Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Hors d'Oeuvres