Mâche with Summer Lemon Cucumbers and Lychee
Summer is the perfect time to make a salad with ingredients that have unique flavors like lychees, fresh lemon cucumber, and enoki mushrooms.
More From Health
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint fresh or 1 (16-ounce) can lychees, rinsed
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package enoki mushrooms
- 8 ounces mâche lettuce
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon cucumbers, sliced into half-moons*
- 1 English cucumber
- 1. To make dressing, whisk together first 3 ingredients (through sugar) in a bowl. Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Peel and chop lychees. Gently separate mushrooms from one another.
- 3. For each serving, toss 1 cup mâche with some cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon cucumber, and English cucumber with 1 tablespoon dressing in a bowl. Top with 1 teaspoon chopped lychees and a dash of sea salt. (Add more lychees if you'd like a stronger floral flavor.)
- *Note: If you can't find lemon cucumbers, use 8 red radishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note