- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons cracker meal
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Whole-Grain Mustard Sauce
- Garnishes: lemon slices, chopped
- fresh parsley
How to Make It
Whisk together mayonnaise and egg white in a medium bowl; add next 5 ingredients. Stir in crabmeat.
Shape mixture into 6 (4-inch) patties. (Mixture will be very soft.) Carefully dredge patties in breadcrumbs; cover and chill at least 1 1/2 hours.
Cook crab cakes in hot oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately with Whole-Grain Mustard Sauce. Garnish, if desired.