The key to creamy homemade mayo is to add just a few drops of oil at a time to the eff mixture, then pour in a slow, thin drizzle-whisking constantly-to ensure the mayonnaise emulsifies (belnds smoothly). Use plain as a sandwich spread, or experiment with added flavorings such as hot sauce or rasted garlic.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 large pasteurized egg yolk
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cube(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a med bowl; stir well with a whisk. Combine oils; slowly drizzle oil mixture into egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk until mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments