The key to creamy homemade mayo is to add just a few drops of oil at a time to the eff mixture, then pour in a slow, thin drizzle-whisking constantly-to ensure the mayonnaise emulsifies (belnds smoothly). Use plain as a sandwich spread, or experiment with added flavorings such as hot sauce or rasted garlic.
Yield: 12 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 large pasteurized egg yolk
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cube(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a med bowl; stir well with a whisk. Combine oils; slowly drizzle oil mixture into egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk until mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes