- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup seltzer water or water
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup unsalted matzo meal
- 8 cups water
- 1 32 ounces container kosher chicken broth
- 1. Beat eggs with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until frothy. Add seltzer water and next 3 ingredients; beat well. Add matzo meal, and beat until batter starts to thicken (about 2 minutes). Cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2. Bring water and chicken broth to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer. Wet hands, and shape batter in palm of hands, into 14 (2-inch) balls. Drop balls in simmering broth mixture. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until matzo balls double in size. Add matzo balls to soup and discard cooking broth mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note