More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Fry: 4 Minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) package plain matzoh
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or chopped dried plums
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Break matzoh into pieces, and place in a large bowl. Cover with 2 1/4 cups water; let stand 5 minutes or until matzoh is softened. Add eggs and next 4 ingredients, stirring until blended.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a large skillet, and heat to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil; fry, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden and done in center. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange fritters on a serving platter. Drizzle evenly with honey; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This