Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 5 cups chicken broth
- Sauté onion in butter in a small skillet over medium heat until tender. Combine sautéed onion, meal, and water in a small mixing bowl, stirring until water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Add eggs, almonds, chopped parsley, and salt to cooled mixture, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Shape mixture into twenty-four 1-inch balls.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil; add matzo balls to broth, allowing room for balls to expand during cooking. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. (Do not lift cover during cooking time.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note