This is a great, simple recipe. I make this often. I use less butter though!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Butter
Use your microwave to make this easy side dish for roast chicken, turkey, or pork; you can prepare it while the roast is standing.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup potatoes and 1 tablespoon pecan mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 237mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave potatoes at HIGH for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes. Wrap potatoes in a towel; let stand for 5 minutes. Scoop out pulp; discard skins. Combine pulp, milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; mash.
- Combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar, softened butter, pecans, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Top each serving with pecan mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Butter Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This