Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Butter
The pecan-butter mixture elevates this simple side dish to holiday worthiness. Microwaving the potatoes makes preparation a cinch and frees up your oven for the main dish.
Yield: 6 adult servings (serving size: 3/4 cup sweet potatoes and about 2 teaspoons pecan butter)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.9g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 303mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 6 sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a medium bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until tender; let cool slightly. Scoop out pulp, discarding skins. Combine sweet potato, milk, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 2. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar, butter, pecans, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle butter mixture evenly over potato mixture.
- for your toddler: Serve a spoonful of the potatoes on a plate or in a small bowl with a spoon. Omit the pecan-butter mixture, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables