Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Pears
- 1 can(s) 8 pear halves
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 5 pound(s) sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Pierce potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet. Bake until done, about one hour.
- While potatoes are baking, purree pears and 1/4 cup juice.
- Remove potatoes and peel. Beat potatoes and butter with electric mixer. Mix in pears, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish and add potato mixture. Bake at 350 uncovered untl just heated through about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by march1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Pears Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables