- 3 pounds medium-size sweet potatoes (about 8 oz. each)
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: crumbled gingersnaps
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350° with oven rack 8 inches from heat. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place potatoes on oven rack, and place a piece of aluminum foil on the rack below to catch drips. Bake potatoes 40 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
Peel potatoes, and press through a ricer or mash with a potato masher until smooth. (Do not use a mixer or food processor.) Stir in preserves and next 9 ingredients until well blended. Spoon sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-qt. baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot.
Brought to the table by Sheri Castle (adapted from The New Southern Garden Cookbook).