Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole
Grandma's Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole recipe is a favorite and a must-have at any family celebration.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup(s) margarine
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) walnuts
- Mix together cooked/mashed sweet potatoes, margarine, eggs, vanilla, salt, sugar, flour, and cinnamon and put in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In another bowl, mix together topping ingredients: flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Spread evenly over casserole. Sprinkle walnuts on top (Grandma puts walnuts on one half, leaving the remaining half for non-nut lovers).
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
- Grandma says: I find that (baking for 30 minutes) is true if the sweet potatoes are still pretty warm. Otherwise I thinks it takes longer. At least 45 minutes or more 'til good and hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mehepting and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note