Made to recipe except didn't use a mixer to beat the potatoes (too easy for me to turn them into glue that way). Gave the potatoes an easy and unexpected change-up in flavor & texture, just different enough for a holiday dinner. Served with herb-crusted standing pork loin roast, brussels sprouts, and CL's mashed sweet potato & banana.
Mashed Potatoes with White Pepper, Leeks, and Garlic
The buttery potatoes, sautéed leeks, and garlic balance the pepper's earthy flavor.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 454mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 5 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped leek (about 1 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; return potatoes to pan.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add leek and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and butter to potatoes; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in leek mixture, salt, and pepper. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mashed Potatoes with White Pepper, Leeks, and Garlic Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This