- 3/4 cup chopped shallot (about 4 large)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold or round red potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 10 ounce soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: fresh thyme sprigs, fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Cook shallot in oil in a large skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside.
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes. Peel and mash potatoes with a potato masher. (Do not use a food processor.)
Heat milk in a small saucepan until warm; add milk to potato. Stir in shallot, goat cheese, and next 5 ingredients. Spoon into a serving dish. Garnish, if desired.