Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Shallots
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup(s) warm milk (not skim)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with the olive oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add sliced shallots and saute 15 minutes, until very soft and golden. Set aside.
- Put the potatoes into a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. Put into a large bowl and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, caramelized shallots, warm milk and salt. Use an electric mixer or potato masher. Serve hot.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kpecci and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note