Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 222mg
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 5 medium)
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook 22 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits after each addition. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- . While onion cooks, place potato in a Dutch oven, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
- . Place milk in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 30 seconds or until warm.
- . Add cheese to potato in pan. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher 3 or 4 times or until cheese melts. Add milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; mash to desired consistency. Stir in reserved onion, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables